I braved the nasty weather and hit CVS with the kiddos this morning. And it’s taken me all flipping day to write this post between a now sick baby and a million other things that kept popping up. Better late than never though, right?
Here is what I got:
- Hallmark* Cards: 3 at $1.49 = $4.47
- Use $3/3 Hallmark Cards
- = $1.47 out of pocket + $0.20 tax, get back $3 ECBs
*My store carries American Greetings and was running the same promotion as the Hallmark one so they honored the online CVS coupon for me. There is also an American Greetings coupon on CVS.com if your store is like mine and doesn’t carry Hallmark.
- Blink Tears $8.99
- Use $1/1 Blink Tears (I used zip code 90210)
- Use $3 ECBs from Transaction #1 and $4 ECBs I earned from last week
- = $0.99 out of pocket, get back $8.99 ECBs
- Dream Water Snoozeberry Dietary Supplement $5.79
- Always Radiant pads 12-16ct. (or Tampax Radiant 16-18ct., or liners 64ct.) $3.99
- Use $1/1 Always Infinity or Always Radiant Infinity, exp. 4/30/12 (P&G 4/1/12)
- Use $8.99 ECBs from transaction 2
- = $0.00 out of pocket + $0.49 tax, get back $6.79 ECBs
- 5 Dove Shampoo or Conditioner at $3.48
- Use 5 $2/1 Dove Shampoo or Conditioner (will need 3 computers)
- Use $6.79 ECBs from Transaction #3
- = $0.61 out of pocket + $0.87 tax, get back $5 ECBs
- U by Kotex Pads 14-18ct. (or liners 40-60ct., or tampons 18ct.) $3.99
- RAINCHECK: Colgate Toothpaste, 2 at $2.99 each
- RAINCHECK: Reach Advanced Design 3pk Toothbrushes, 2 at $1.99 each
- RAINCHECK: Depends Silhouette or Real Fit 3ct at $3.99
- Use $1/1 U by Kotex Product, exp. 5/5/12 (3/25/12 SS)
- Use 2 $1/1 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste 4oz+, CVS Reinventing Beauty Magazine (exp. 5/30/12)
- Use 2 $1/1 Colgate Total Advanced, Optic White, Sensitive Pro-Relief 4oz+, 4/15/12 SS (exp. 5/5/12)
- Use 2 $2/1 Reach Toothbrush coupon found on product, no longer available (exp. 4/30/12)
- Use $2/1 Depend Real Fit for Men or Depend Silhouette for Women
- Use $1.50/1 Depend Real Fit or Silhouette Product, 4/15/12 SS
- Use $5 ECBs from Transaction #4
- = $0.46 out of pocket + $0.90 tax, get back $8 ECBs
Summary: pay $3.53 out of pocket + $2.46 tax and leave with 17 items and $8 ECBs for next week!
If you are new to shopping CVS I’m sure this list looks pretty overwhelming to you. I don’t normally do this many transactions and I definitely wouldn’t recommend it if you are just starting out. It’s too easy to make a mistake and spend too much out of pocket. I had rain checks from last week that I needed to use and I wanted to minimized my out of pocket spending so we were a little more lengthy at checkout than usual. $5.99 out of pocket (including tax) doesn’t sound like very much but it’s actually more than I usually spend. I’m just low on ECBs since I skipped last week.
I plan to donate the Depends to a senior community since no one in our family currently uses them. I’m also working on putting together hygiene kits for the homeless with the excess of toothpaste and toothbrushes that I have been getting lately. There is a guy at our grocery store who ministers to the homeless through his church. I bring him the extra things that my family won’t use, whether it be spaghetti sauce or toothpaste and he puts them to good use through his ministry. AND it’s super easy for me since I’m already going to the grocery store. It’s win-win!
How did you do this week? Did you get any good deals?